1. Using Buttercream - Introduction to buttercream
In this free cake tutorial, Paul gives you an introduction on how to use buttercream.
2. Using Buttercream - Making Buttercream
Paul shows you how to make your own buttercream for use.
Ingredients required are:
500g (1 lb 1.6oz) Unsalted butter
1 Kg (2 lbs 3.2oz) Icing sugar
3. Using Buttercream - Giving Buttercream More Structure
4. Using Buttercream - Colouring buttercream
5. Using Buttercream - Flavoring Buttercream
6. Using Buttercream - Luxury Chocolate Buttercream
7. Using Buttercream - Covering a Cake in Buttercream
8. Using Buttercream - Icing Over Buttercream
Learn how to use buttercream
It's vital for any cake maker to know how to use buttercream for decorating a cake.Buttercream is very popular in cake decorating and is often used to replace ganache.
In this free cake decorating tutorial, Paul gives you his take on buttercream as well as everything you need to know about using buttercream in your cake decorating.
Make sure you share your work with us or drop any questions you may have to us on our Facebook page
Looking for more?
So you know how to make buttercream?
Why not find some fantastic tutorials to try it out on?
Sign-up for our Premium or Pro memberships and access over 900 hours worth of cake tutorials all from the comfort of your own home?
With expert tuition from some of the best cake makers in the world you'll be amazed at what you can achieve.
Head over to www.cakeflix.com for more.
- 8” (20.3cm) Round cake
- 500g (1 lb 1.6oz) Unsalted butter
- 1 Kg (2 lbs 3.2oz) Icing sugar
- 800g (1lb 12oz) Sugarpaste
- White and Milk chocolate ganache
- Ice Blue food paste
- Food bag
- Serrated knife
- Mixing bowl
- Flexible scraper
- Palette knife
- Sharp knife
- Small cranked palette knife
- Metal scraper
- Large metal ruler
- Cocktail stick