Learn how to make ganache with this free cake tutorial and recipe
There are many ways to make ganache, but if you are looking for a tried and tested recipe from someone who’s made ganache thousands of times then you’ve come to the right place.
In this free cake tutorial, with the multi-award winning Paul Bradford we will show you how to make ganache the right way with this easy to follow recipe.
What you’ll need to make your ganache…
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- Serrated knife
- Palette knife
- Metal scraper
- Milk, dark and white chocolate
- Double cream
- Cakes (size dependant on choice)
- Ganache (as made by the chocolate and cream)
- Cake drums (dependant on cake sizes used)
How to make ganache. A step by step guide…
- You can work out how much chocolate and cream you need for different sizes of cakes by using our free ganache calculator.
- Pop your cream in the microwave to boil it (this can also be done on a stove)
- Once your cream has come to the boil then pour it over the chocolate in a bowl
- Start mixing the chocolate and cream with a spoon. You can either wait for the chocolate to melt a little or start this process straight away. The mixture may look a little curdled. don’t worry about this
- Stir thoroughly until mixture is thick and there are no lumps left in the bowl
- Leave the ganache to cool and either seal it over with cling film or put it in a food bag
Have any questions, try out our Q&A Page with a ganache search and find out how to overcome any issues you might have.