Welcome to the Cake Decorators Q&A

asked January 22nd 2018


You recommend we apply for vat registration. Can you advise me on a separate issue.
Besides making bespoke cakes we also have adult workshops, kids club and children's parties.
I have found out that According to HMRC regulations, education is exempt, while recreation carries a liability.
Do you have an idea as to how this might affect us please ?


Hi Graham

I would advise you to contact David to get a full answer. There are lots of pit falls and he is the best person to guide you through. Contact him here: [email protected]

If you'd like to see membe answers please peek here: https://www.cakeflix.com/questions?s=vat
.. and you could also post your question on the pro facebook page.

Hope some of this helps. 🙂

Tell us what you think

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.