Trainer the Trainer will be run from Strathardle Lodge, Perthshire, Scotland.
During the course
The schedule is listed below, but note that tutors will use their discretion and may change the timetable at short notice.
Things that you MUST prep
You will be asked to carry out a number of cake demonstrations to allow the tutors to assess your work.
- 10-15 min lesson on how to make a model or flower of your choice. You must prepare and deliver this lesson.
- Some lessons from the following courses (click to access Paul’s lessons):
- Paul will teach a short course so that you can get to know his style of teaching
- The key factors to consider when running successful classes
- Introduction to the Business Plan
- Introduction to designing course cakes
- You will deliver a 10-15 min lesson on how to make a model or flower of your choice – with feedback
- Awareness of the different personality groups – DISC – dominance, inducement, submission, and compliance.
- Learn from Paul’s teaching experiences
- Each candidate will be allocated lessons from the Introduction Bow, Chocolate Wrap and Teddy Bear course to be taught over the next three days
- Plenty of time to discuss your allocated lesson with Paul
- You will deliver your allocated lessons on the Introduction Bow course – with feedback
- Business plan
- Designing cakes to teach
- Marketing – How to get your first 8 students
- You will deliver your allocated lessons on the Chocolate Wrap course and manage the group following your tuition
- Q&A with Paul and David in prep for assessment day
- Assessment day
- You will deliver your allocated lessons on the Teddy Bear course and manage the group following your tuition
- Certificates and photos